The Flyout ad will always expand in the direction that you set.
If the device width is too thin and it flies out left or right, it will appear off screen.
For that reason, if the same ad is running on multiple devices, it is usually your best idea to keep the expanding direction up or down.
Here’s how you can create that:
- Log in to your Broadstreet account here https://my.broadstreetads.com.
- Click “Advertisers” on the left navigation bar.
- Select the advertiser you want to create ads for.
- Click “New advertisement”.
- Under the ad formats, click “IAB Plus”.
- Scroll down to “Expandable / Flyout (Beta)” and then click “Create a expandable/flyout (beta)”.
- Enter the name of your advertisement.
- Upload the primary image and the flyout image for your ad.
- Edit the other details on height and width as necessary.
- Select the flyout direction, either up or down only.
- Enter the destination URL.
- Click “Create advertisement”.
Here’s a short video to guide you:
Alternatively, you can also create a campaign placement targeted to mobile and expand in one direction. You’ll also create another ad and campaign placement targeted to desktop.
You can control which ads appear on which devices on the placements page.